Thursday, February 7, 2013

Introduction

Hello readers, my name is Ryan Oglesby. I am a first-time blogger, baseball fanatic, and a Journalism student at Slippery Rock University. I am very interested in new media because as we all can see, it is getting more and more popular everyday in the world of Journalism as well as normal everyday life. Almost everyone has some form of a social media account, and like a lot of people I have both a Twitter and  Facebook page.

In the world of mass media, there are a lot of good places to get your information from. The USA Today is a good example of a traditional media outlet. I like it because it covers topics from news to sports to technology and more. A more new-media outlet that I get my news from is Deadspin. Deadspin primarily covers sports news. They always have an interesting take on the latest news in the sports world. They post a link to all their stories on their Twitter account, and post 10+ times a day. Their slogan is "Sports News without Access, Favor, or Discretion." With their stories not only do they post pictures, but they are big on posting GIFs.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I am looking forward to continuing my blogging career and sharing my thoughts with you all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment